Today, your warehouse likely charges drivers various costs—including shipment intake, packing and loading fees. But there are additional charges you can consider integrating into your operation, in order to recover the costs you and your team incur.
- Late fees: Sometimes, trucks are late to arrive. And when this happens, a domino effect can occur at the warehouse, congesting your intake and preventing the next truck from unloading on-time. Late fees can help recoup the costs associated with the time and effort you take to resolve a late shipment.
- Accessorial fees: Are you using lumpers in your warehouse? Are there specific challenges to your location, such as city congestion or extra complications due to residential zoning? Those all fall into the category of accessorial fees and can be passed on to deliveries.
- Overnight parking fees: Depending on the time a truck arrives, drivers may need to stay overnight in your warehouse parking lot. This can quickly cause crowding—and overnight parking fees can help manage the situation.
- Offload fees: Offloading shipping containers can be challenging; they’re extremely heavy, and often require the use of specialized equipment. Charging an offload fee ensures you’re compensated for the additional work.
- Handling fees: You may already charge processing and fulfillment fees, but there are others to consider—including inspection fees, repacking fees, stretch wrapping fees and bundling fees.
- Special requirement fees: Does a shipment require temperature control or specific handling? Special requirement fees can help offset these costs.
Optimize Payment Processing with RoadSync Checkout
Charging fees can certainly boost your bottom line, but only if you have an efficient way to receive and process payments—and that’s where RoadSync Checkout comes in. Our easy-to-use platform simplifies transactions and reduces processing time, allowing you to send custom invoices and receive payment as soon as customers arrive at your loading dock. And to make things even easier, RoadSync Checkout accepts many common forms of payment—including fleet checks, credit cards, WEX EFS and Fleet One cards.
With RoadSync Checkout, you’ll have access to all your warehouse transactions in one digital platform. No more paper trail to keep track of. No more missing invoices. No more lost revenue.
Start Recovering Your Costs Today
It’s time to simplify payment processing and increase your warehouse revenue. Click here to set up a demo of our platform—and discover all the ways RoadSync is here to help.